Suescraftstuff

divider

divider
SUESCRAFTSTUFF

Susie's Scrapblog

My photo
United Kingdom
suescraftstuff:- I try to put all sorts of things into order in a scrapbook. mainly family. I Started scrapbooking in 2009 and now am totally addicted. Just recently I started making a few cards, mainly for friends and family, I really enjoy doing this, but there is such a lot more to learn. currently I am learning to use promarkers, they're fantastic!!... I have a cricut cutting machine, but like to embellish with different mediums rather than just the cricut cutouts. I love lace and flowers, also distressing and embossing. This is just one of my many hobbies I've had over the years, a big part of it was woodcraft and painting.The woodcraft bit I got from my dad, him and my mum are my all time favourite people, my dad was so kind and clever, dad, I miss you, because of him I still dabble in the woodwork a bit too. But I am loving putting all my photo's into a scrapbook, and lately making cards, to keep and remember everone in a much more interesting way than a normal photo album .hopefully it will be passed on in later years.

divider

divider

Sunday 13 March 2011

My Story


In November 2010 I had been feeling quite unwell, very tired and listless, then I started to drink a lot, when I say a lot, I mean a pint every half hour or so, maybe more, then of course I was peeing every 5 minutes too, Then after about a week of this I notice my eyesight going very blurry and scratchy, I went to the opticians to get an eye test and he asked me if I was diabetic? I said ‘no’ not that I know of…. Anyway the next day or so got worse, I couldn’t even climb the stairs without a lot of effort. Mike said I think we’d better go and see the doctor, the next day we went. And without so much as a blink, the doctor said I think I know what’s wrong with you.. He did a urine and a blood test and there and then declared me a diabetic !  I was 61yrs old.. I had just retired and was enjoying my retirement, but  ah ha, we don’t escape that easily.
 I went into hospital whereupon I was put on a drip for 3 days, declared a type 1.  I have to take insulin now for the rest of my life. Although with modern technology the actual act of injecting, with a cartridge loaded pen, isn’t  a problem at all, it’s the constant watch of your blood glucose level , not too high, not too low!!
Well it’s been 4 months now since the day I was diagnosed. I now carry with me in my bag the assortment you see in the picture. It’s all ‘in case’ in case of a hypo (v.low glucose levels)  jelly babies, a digestive biscuit.  And  insulin pens, test meter, test strips, finger pricking devices, tissues… to mop the blood!!
So, Diabetes, I have you,  I’ll make the best of my life with you if I have to, and I thank my darling Partner Mike for all his support too, without you, what would be the point?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you figured out what was wrong and know you'll be able to control it my friend!

    ReplyDelete