Suescraftstuff

divider

divider
SUESCRAFTSTUFF

Susie's Scrapblog

My photo
United Kingdom
suescraftstuff:- I try to put all sorts of things into order in a scrapbook. mainly family. I Started scrapbooking in 2009 and now am totally addicted. Just recently I started making a few cards, mainly for friends and family, I really enjoy doing this, but there is such a lot more to learn. currently I am learning to use promarkers, they're fantastic!!... I have a cricut cutting machine, but like to embellish with different mediums rather than just the cricut cutouts. I love lace and flowers, also distressing and embossing. This is just one of my many hobbies I've had over the years, a big part of it was woodcraft and painting.The woodcraft bit I got from my dad, him and my mum are my all time favourite people, my dad was so kind and clever, dad, I miss you, because of him I still dabble in the woodwork a bit too. But I am loving putting all my photo's into a scrapbook, and lately making cards, to keep and remember everone in a much more interesting way than a normal photo album .hopefully it will be passed on in later years.

divider

divider

Wednesday 20 October 2010

End of the year

How fast did this year pass? It only seems like yesterday we were celebrating the birth of our grandaughter Eloise last Christmas day, and the first birthday of our grandson Harvey in January. They are both growing so fast, it's a shame they don't stay babies for long, but as each month passes it reveals new and funny little characteristics in them. I didn't know how different it would be having grand children or what emotion I would feel. It seems bringing up your own child flies by so quickly midst the worry, tiredness,illnesses, and the general every day things you endure, having grandchildren is great as you can give them all your love and attention without the other things and hopefully putting all my memories down in my scrapbooks will tell that story and will be something for them to look back on.
Since doing my scrapbooks I have started dabbling in card making, I never had the desire to do this before as it seemed that everyone was doing it and it wasn't different enough and personal enough for me, but since I did my first one, how that opinion changed, I've found my own style and it seems they are individual and different, it's part of me and my creativity that  I am putting into a personal message. I am now as addicted to card-making as I am scrapbooking.    I've also joined an awesome group of fellow artists and joined within that a group of secret sisters, I'm looking forward to finding some nice things to send in dec/jan. for my secret sister. it should be a lot of fun.
The weather here in the UK has turned really cold this week and is typical Autumn now, all the golden and red leaves on the trees falling into the streets and painting the streets copper and gold. I love this time of year when you wrap up warm to go out, cosy up indoors and mainly get cosy in my scrap room and really get down to some good stuff while I watch the season change outside. I will post some new LO's soon of my next grandchild, arriving dd 19th nov.2010. and the birthdays of the other two coming soon.
How I love being retired. gives me all the time to indulge in all this, and a great big special thanks to my wonderful other half for putting up and encouraging me in all I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment